The new budget smartphone was released by the Asus on 11th Dec in the launch event is Zenfone Max Pro M2 and Max M2. The starting price for both of the device has Zenfone Max Pro M2 is Rs12,999 for lower variants(3GB) to Rs16,999 for 6GB variant, whereas the Zenfone Max M2 price is starting from Rs9,999(3GB) to Rs11,999(4GB) with a couple of changes has been introduced to Max Pro 2 and Max M2 compared to Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 which was released in May 2018. All we can say, it is the successor of Max Pro M1.
Let me do some comparison here:
Pros and Cons of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 AIE Processor which is faster than Realme 2 Pro and Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Stock Android means the proper optimization without lags
- Android 8 but we will get the Android 9 Pie on Jan 2019 as Asus India CEO confirmed the release month.
- Flagship Gorilla Corning Glass 6 which passed the drop test and it is the plus point in this price segment.
- EIS and 13 preset camera auto-detection mode which we will get through OTA(Over-the-Air) updates
- With Sony IMX 486 and aperture of the f/1.8 camera gives more proper light in low light condition, this is the flagship mobile feature introduced in Max Pro m2.
- Awesome back cover in Max Pro M2, the 3D glossy with the wavy design for the premium looks.
- Most people hate Notch, but in Max Pro M2 the notch is small compared to other competitors phone.
- The sound is amazing with NXP 9874 smart amplifier just like Max Pro M1 which gives loud sound
- The 5000mAh battery gives the 16 hours of SOT(Screen on Time) while continuously watch YouTube, While gaming Like FreeFire and Pubg, it should be around 8-9 hours as the company claimed but for FreeFire, they didn’t mention about Pubg.
- This time they added the reverse charging option which charges other phones through your device, not a bad deal.
- The first time, Asus is giving the transparent back cover the same way as Realme gives in all the Realme phones.
- Lightweight only 175gm which is lighter than competitors like Realme 2 Pro, Redmi Note 6 Pro and Honor 8X.
- No slow motion and 4K recording is like a 1080p just as Max Pro M1
- Again, no fast charging
- As usual, some bugs are still present
- No need to copy an iPhone, make it unique, we don’t want notch.
- 6GB price is not acceptable because the Poco F1 price is now Rs19,999, after the exchange and 10% additional discount from HDFC will make the price of Poco F1 to Rs14-15k.
It is too soon to tell what else cons are present current in the device without getting proper feedback by using one or two months continuously. As for now, it is a simple budget phone and better than Redmi Note 6 Pro and in the benchmark, Asus shows that Max Pro M2 is far ahead. You can definitely upgrade your Max Pro M1 to Max Pro M2.